Ads 468x60px

Sunday 12 August 2012

TAHNIAH PANDELELA


Malaysia's Pandelela wins bronze in diving event

Sarawakian Pandelela Rinong becomes Malaysia's first ever woman's medalist, and first ever Olympic winner outside of badminton, when she won the Women's 10m Platform event.

Chinese star Chen Ruolin peeled off five fantastic dives to score 422.30 points and beat her nearest rival by 55.8 points in the most convincing victory in the seven diving events so far at the Aquatics Centre.

Australia's Brittany Broben took silver with 366.50 and Pandelela Rinong claimed the bronze with 359.20 to give Malaysia a first-ever Olympic diving medal.

Pandelela, 19, was in tears as she savored a landmark medal for Malaysia.

"I feel very proud and happy because I just won a medal for Malaysia. It's really an honour. It's a great, great thing for Malaysia," Pandelela said.

"I feel very proud of Malaysia. I hope Malaysia is proud of me.

"Diving is not that popular (in Malaysia) like badminton. I hope I will be inspiring the youth (to take up diving)."


sumber : http://sport.malaysia.msn.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment